"that mom" is a series of inspirational women who
share their thoughts on motherhood, career, style and grace.
by lee kriel
Meet Stacey Cassidy, wife, mother of three, and owner of Savvy Consignment in Severna Park, Maryland…among a few things she does well. I remember years ago this idea that came to her about her business and next thing I knew she had a brick and mortar storefront. Her business grew quickly to not only include clothing, but also home goods and furniture causing her to outgrow her first location. Friday, she will be celebrating 10 years in business. It is where I buy all my clothes and I love to say I got it at Savvy when people ask me about what I am wearing! To celebrate their anniversary, Savvy will have a 20% off storewide sale all day on Friday, August 23, multiple gift card drawings and from 4-6:30 live entertainment- Larry Lay will be playing. Stop by for some cheer and celebrate with them. Enjoy getting to know her.
1. List a few of your favorite things to do with your kids…. I love having family time in the pool night swimming.
2. What is your most humbling moment as a mother.... They love me no matter what!!!
3. When it came to decorating their rooms… My house is LIVED IN…For the girls rooms are super cute young teenage rooms. But I have one slob, one neat freak and one boy who just doesn’t care. Ha.. so it’s easy. But they are all pretty rustic with wood floors and cute rugs. I love lots of pillows (everywhere).
4. What is your beauty routine… No good “routine” except taking makeup off moisturize and I do enjoy an occasional no shower Saturday..ha..
5. What is your exercise routine… I am an early bird- 4:15 coffee, feed the dogs out the door by 4:45 to the gym. This is my time to myself. Really the only time I get. Its my stress relief along with a little socializing with friends who get up crazy early like I do.
6. Something you wish you could do better as a mom…. I wish I could do a lot of things better. I am not always patient this is where my husband balances me out.
7. What is your favorite part of the day… I like kissing the kids goodnight. They are tired and usually so sweet at bedtime. Though I get up so early there are nights they kiss me goodnight.
8. A night out on the town? Dinner out if I can stay up past 9.
9. The hardest part of being a mom? Every part is hard!! Owning a business that is open 7 days a week so you are always on, juggling a house with 2 dogs, 3 kids and a husband that travels all the time, kids in sports there are 10 jobs that are on my shoulders. But I think I wouldn’t want it any other way. I feel like when we have nothing it’s a bit boring.
10. Name a few things that keep you sane…. The little things…a simple pedicure and Friday nights with People Magazine.
11. What do you hope your children will learn about life….I hope my kids learn how to work hard and appreciate the things they have been given.
12. What do you do for a living? I own Savvy Consignment which in August will be 10 years old. I love what I do and love going to work everyday!!
13. Where do you draw inspiration from in business? I feel these days you just have to try and keep up with the times. I know its 2019 and everything is technology “savvy” but I am a fan of the good old customer service. I try and make sure we say hi to everyone that walks in the door.